Saturday, February 23, 2013

My first cruise!!!

Kellen and I went on our very first cruise together! It was so amazing! We have been talking about going for long while and finally decided why wait? School is not going anywhere, student loans are not going anywhere.... So why don't we go somewhere! Our cruise was almost a week and we left out of San Diego. We stopped at Puerta Vallarta for 2 days and Cabo San Lucas for 1 day. The cruise boat was HUGE. So incredible how much they could get to float! There is an amazing dining room and like 13 floors. The food was unbelievable. I tried to eat as many new things as possible. I tried snails and patte and veal. One time we wanted to try all of the desserts on the menu so Kel ordered 2 and I ordered 2. Apparently they did not understand because they brought us EACH all of the desserts. So we each had 4 desserts and the other people at the table thought we were the hugest pigs alive. The boat was beautiful and the view was spectacular! I loved spending so much time with Kel too! We played chess and he beat me in about two moves.
My favorite place was Puerta Vallarta. We took a speedboat to this little island called Yelapa that you can only get to by water. It was beautiful! It was crazy to see how they lived too... such a tiny village. It made me very grateful. There was a waterfall and a beautiful beach and all these houses right on the coast. The water was cool. I also have about a million pictures so here it goes!

From the top of the cruise ship leaving San Diego




Kellen on the ship,  looking over San Diego


Beautiful San Diego


A pensive Kellen


This was our fancy dinner night!  Kel forgot a shirt and had to rent a tuxedo shirt!


This huge chandelier took up three levels


I was a little obsessed with the towel animals they made us everyday


Overlooking the Mexican coast


Sipping a virgin margarita 


This was another fancy dinner date in the divine restaurant


Soaking up rays at the top of the boat


This whole wall lights up!


Getting off the boat in Puerta Vallarta I was introduced to a parate


Old church in Puerta Vallarta




On the speed boat headed to Yelapa


The small village was accepting donations to finish there church


The awesome waterfall at Yelapa near Puerta Vallarta




Kellen overlooking Yelapa






The water was cold but I really liked it


Best lemonade and view on the planet






Back in Puerta Vallarta... everything is so bright and colorful there


This is our cruise ship... so huge


Me, my coke bottle, and the elevator of the Oosterdam ship


We got lemonade at a restaurant on the coast of Puerta


Jenna by a fountain by the flee market


One day we took the bus to get to town and it was probably the most dangerous thing I have ever done in my life




Look how dense the city is right next to the lush jungle and mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment